1929 Ariel Model 250cc LF de Luxe
The Ariel factory was based out of Selly Oak in Birmingham, England. In 1929, designer Val Page penned the twin-port, overhead-valve LF using the chassis of Ariel’s side-valve LB and creating, in effect, a lightweight Red Hunter. The 250cc OHV single engine design sports a twin port exhaust cylinder head with push rod rocker arms. The spark comes from a BTH magneto and an Amal carburetor delivers the fuel to the combustion chamber. A Burman three speed tank shift gear box puts the power to the ground and the lights are generator driven via six volt system. This fine example has undergone a complete professional restoration some years ago and remains in very good to excellent condition. Being that this beauty has been on static display for some years, a full service and going through is in order before hitting the road.
Click on any of the images above to view larger pictures.