1941 Harley Davidson EL
In 1941, Harley Davidson was gearing up for the US involvement in WWII and getting ready for the almost 100,000 WLA’s that would consume all production from the Harley factory for the next five years to come, in turn, shutting down production of their civilian models. With this shift in production, only 5,149 OHV 61″ & 74″ models were produced before the shut down. Since then, the “pre-war” Knuckleheads have become a true “must have” for classic bike collectors and enthusiasts world wide. This very nice Knucklehead, with “Cruiser Green” livery, has been on static display in a private collection for the past few years and just recently has come available for purchase. The restoration was performed some years ago by Paul Wheeler, with a complete motor rebuild by Phil at Knuckle Works out of Linwood, CA. Paul has restored a number of award winning Knuckleheads throughout the years and has utilized many original components in the build of this fine example with very few reproduction items used to complete the build. Since the resto, the non numbers matching motor has been oil free for display purposes and would be ready to ride after a full service and run in.
Click on any of the images above to view larger pictures.